Pool cleaning service might seem fairly straightforward and there certainly are a lot of companies out there claiming to provide “the best pool service in Jacksonville and the most affordable”. But how do you measure the value of a good price for quality pool cleaning service? For that matter, what is the average cost of pool service in Florida?
Today’s deep-dive is centered around all things pertaining to pool service pricing. We’ll cover everything you should look for in a quality pool cleaning and maintenance program and we will also discuss the factors that can affect how much your pool service will cost.
What to Expect During a Pool Cleaning Service
To determine how much a pool cleaning service may cost, start by looking at what is offered by a pool cleaning company. Our service technicians are certified and experienced professionals that use the best tools and equipment available today.
We offer a wide variety of pool cleaning service packages, so our customers can always find the perfect service to match their unique situation. Additionally, for every pool cleaning service we provide, we’ll always balance the water chemistry using the Langelier Saturation Index. This industry-preferred measurement helps to ensure absolute balance within the pool’s chemistry to maintain a well-functioning pool system.
Many of our packages also include cleaning services such as vacuuming and skimming the pool, brushing walls and steps, and cleaning filters. Common maintenance tasks that should be performed regularly include inspecting the pump and filter, as well as the timer operations.
How Much Does Pool Service Cost?
While our technicians are onsite at a property, they are looking at two different scenarios that may impact how much a service will cost. Rather than just inquiring about the cost, it would be more effective to ask these two questions:
- “How much does pool maintenance cost?”
- “How much does pool cleaning cost?”
Although these two tasks may sound the same, they vary considerably.
How Much Does Pool Cleaning Cost?
Pool cleaning is never a one-size-fits-all service. The environment around the pool, the age of the systems, the type of filtration system, and a thousand other variables all need to be carefully considered to determine the services that will be performed and the cost. Yet, many service providers still take a blanket approach. Our experts know that this method will not provide you with the best service possible, so we offer four different packages to better match our customers’ unique situations.
Here are the four pool cleaning service packages that our customers can choose from:
- AquaJOMO: A basic pool cleaning service for those owners that like to do the cleaning themselves, but prefer an experienced professional to provide safe and accurate chemical applications. We also ensure that your water is properly balanced to the LSI, which ensures the water is not etching yoru pool surface or leaving unsightly deposits on tile, equipment and plaster.
- SparklingJOMO: Pool cleaning on a bi-weekly schedule is for owners that are comfortable cleaning and maintaining their pool in between visits, but who want a professional to come in twice a month to keep the system running at its best.
- SparklingJOMO Plus: A weekly cleaning service which takes place a full 50 times per year. We’ll clean your pool, check all the pool equipment, and balance your water to the proper levels.
- SuperJOMO: This combines our weekly pool cleaning service with the addition of warranties on your pool equipment, and the replacement of common pool maintenance items, as needed. This is hands-down the best way to keep a clean, healthy, and sparkling pool year around.
These packages help provide a tailored solution that fits within our client’s needs. By providing this level of service, we’ve helped Florida pool owners maintain the pool of their dreams, which can always be counted on when the mood (and perhaps weather) is right for a swim.
How Much Does Pool Maintenance Cost?
Knowing what all the different parts of your pool do makes a huge difference in understanding the overall health of your system and what all is required to maintain it. Our pool cleaning services listed above check over each of your pool’s important systems such as the skimmer, the drain, suction and return lines, pump, filter, and jets.
Maintaining your pool system to the highest standards is the best way to get the longest and most effective life out of each individual component. However, over time, parts do wear out and will need to be repaired or replaced. When a part needs replacement, it’s important to get an exact match and a quality part installed by a licensed professional. Our technicians know pool systems inside out and use this knowledge to recommend the best replacement plan possible.
How We Assess Pool Service Fees
We’ve seen how pool service programs can vary considerably depending on what is required on a given property. But how the pool pros assess how much a pool cleaning service costs really boils down to several key factors:
- How big is the pool (in gallons)? The size of the pool dictates the level of effort required to clean and maintain its systems. A basic way to get a volume for your pool is to multiply the length x width x depth x 7.5. This calculation yields an approximate volume in gallons.
- Need to know how to measure the size of your pool?
- How old is the pool and its equipment? As your pool and equipment ages, your important systems are less likely to provide the same level of functionality and can require repair and replacement. Also, different filter systems have different maintenance requirements and useful lifespans. We’ll check over each system to make sure it’s always performing at its best.
- How many features like spas or waterfalls does your pool have? When you have multiple features like a spa or waterfall, it increases the time needed to properly care for the surfaces as well as check additional equipment required to run the features.
- What kind of trees, shrubs, or other landscaping is present around the pool? When you have a lot of landscaping and trees around your pool, it can take a longer time to skim out all the debris. The level of effort and time required on property are two major factors pool cleaning service companies use to determine the cost of service.
- What are the standards (building, zoning, etc.) for your county? Duval County, St. Johns, Clay, and other surrounding counties in North Florida vary on their requirements for building and zoning standards. Our team is familiar with these nuances and we consider them to provide the perfect cleaning service for the area you live.
These are the types of questions an experienced pool service company can answer to give you the most accurate representation as to the costs to maintain your pool system. With a customer-first mindset, our pool cleaning services take a holistic approach to the overall health of your pool to provide absolute peace of mind for our customers.
Find the Right Pool Cleaning Service
When it comes to really enjoying your backyard oasis, receiving “okay” pool service doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence. That’s why it’s equally as important to find a pool service in Jacksonville that really understands what Florida pools need to perform at their best year-around.
When you’re looking at different pool maintenance and cleaning services, be sure to look at all the different ways that the quality of your pool care team can impact your overall experience including:
- High quality talent: At JOMO Pool Service, we offer some of the most competitive pay rates, as well as a generous benefits package, so that we can attract and retain the best talent in the area. Better talent with workers who feel appreciated translates into a much better experience for our customers.
- Extensive training: All of our pool technicians are required to pass an extensive training regimen as well as the Florida Public Pool Specialist certification before they are ever allowed to maintain your family’s pool. Pool cleaning and maintenance requires careful measurements and attention to detail in order to provide a clean and healthy pool.
- Industry-preferred certifications: Our technicians hold dual certifications as both Certified Pool Operators, as well as Florida Public Pool Specialists. This advanced certification demonstrates that our technicians have the knowledge and experience to service your pool to the highest standards in the industry.
- Cutting-edge technology: We continue to invest in the newest technologies that allow our technicians the best possible picture for the health of your pool. Industry-leading digital mobile labs we use on-site are some of the newest and best available. With technology like this at our disposal, we can know for certain that your pool is in the best condition possible.
- Fully Licensed and Insured: Most homeowners overlook this aspect when looking for a pool service provider but ignoring this to save a few dollars creates huge risk for the homeowner. Let’s say you hire a service provider that does not carry general liability insurance. The service technician comes out to service the pool and neglects to properly tighten equipment and the pool drains once they leave. The empty pool then “floats” out of the ground which creates a very expensive repair, upwards of $50,000 or more. If your pool provider isn’t insured, they likely will not be able to afford to pay for the repair, leaving the homeowner responsible to cover it out of pocket.
- Straightforward pricing: We offer several straightforward pool cleaning programs so that our customers can easily find the service that works for their situation. We also offer pool maintenance and repair services with fair and honest pricing to give our customers the best service experience possible.
When you combine the best talent in the business with the best tools possible, you will receive an unmatched level of service in the cleaning and maintenance of your pool.
Get the Best Pool Service Jacksonville Has to Offer
At JOMO, we’ve dedicated our team to doing things the right way. By using the best equipment and modern techniques for cleaning and maintaining your overall pool system, we’re able to provide complete peace of mind for our customers.